Learn more about dry skin and how Obagi products can help
Medical-Grade Skincare Products by Obagi for Dry Skin
One of the most common issues we have with patients in the clinic is dry skin. Depending on different times of the year, dry skin becomes even more common. This is especially true in the Winter months.
Some over-the-counter products work tremendously well for dry skin and can quickly alleviate the problem. However, in other cases, a more effective product is needed.
What causes Dry Skin?
Everyone has a natural tendency in their skin. Skin is often categorized as Dry, Oily, Normal or Combination.
Dry skin can be aggravated by many different factors. These include:
- The local water quality a person bathes and washes in
- Deficiencies in specific vitamins
- The frequency and intensity of sun exposure
- Harsh soaps and detergents with aggressive ingredients
- Certain medications can also play a role
It is always worth remembering that dry skin is often a consequence of moisture being drawn out of the skin leading to it becoming dehydrated. Therefore, if this can be prevented and/or reversed the person will have less dry skin.
Treatment for Dry Skin PART 1
- Obagi has a specialist focus on Dry Skin. Not only does Obagi focus on Dry skin, the company also considers how a person’s skin type i.e. Fitzpatrick I to VI.
- One of Obagi’s leading products for the treatment of Dry Skin is the Obagi Daily Hydro-Drops.
- This is a beautiful product and patients often comment how a tiny amount of this can go a very long way.
- Because Obagi is historically a pharmaceutical company, it created the Hydro-Drops using a weightless formulation which maximises Isoplentix microfluidic technology. This means that Abyssinian Oil, Hibiscus Oil and Vitamin B3 are all transported in their cleanest forms.
The mechanism that allows these ingredients to be stored in a stable way and then activated when used by a patient is because of the hydrating gel serum.
The ultimate effect is an instant feeling of dryness relief and softening of the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. This all leads to more radiant, less irritated and healthier skin.
The Obagi Hydro-Drops are non-comedogenic and hypoallergenic. This means it won’t clog pores and has been tested by ophthalmologists and dermatologists.
Treatment for Dry Skin PART 2
Obagi has a category of products specifically designed for Dry Skin and to help with moisture. This category is called Obagi Hydrators.
Obagi Hydrate® and Obagi Hydrate Luxe® are two extremely popular hydrating products with patients.
The Obagi laboratories have engineered both products with critical bio-peptides. The Hydrate Luxe is a hyper-rich hydrator that provides extra protection and hydration to the skin. Patients apply the product at night, and it works whilst they sleep.
The Obagi Hydrate® moisturizer is the most popular hydrator with patients. This is for good reason too. The Hydrate® product has a beautiful texture to it and its moisturizing properties need to be experienced to be understood.
Ingredients in the innovative Obagi Hydrate® include:
- Avocado oil
- Mango butter
- Shea butter
Obagi Daily Hydro Drops Exclusive
Within your everyday skincare routine, the Obagi Daily Hydro-Drops are a must-have. A pure combination of Hibiscus Oils, Abyssinian Oils, and Vitamin B creates a more luminous skin that feels and looks moisture-locked all day.
Speak to one of our Obagi Specialists today to learn more about how this product has worked for patients.