UNEVEN SKIN TONE
Learn more about uneven skin tones and how Obagi products can help
Uneven Skin Tone - Real results, the causes and the products
The primary causes of uneven skin tone in the majority patients is sun exposure. Even though this seems hard to believe, the reality is that UVA ana UVB significnatly damage the structure of the skin. This occurs when the skin is unprotected from sunlight.
Uneven Skin Tone Causes
As people age their skin changes. Some of these changes are superficial and some are structural. Patients comment about uneven skin tone saying things like:
- "I am noticing my skin has developed brown patches"
- "My skin doesn't look as smooth as it used to"
- "What can I do to reduce the imperfections on my skin?"
Superficially uneven skin tones can be caused by factors such as pregnancy and contraceptive pill usage.
Women can develop brown patches and skin tone changes due to hormonal changes when they become pregnant.
Structural uneven skin tone can be caused by changes in the skin, fat pad, and muscular structure.
The sagginess, crepiness and physical appearance of the skin are often caused by the reduction in the amount of Hyaluronic acid in the skin as a person ages. Further, the fat pads move and change with age too.
Facts About Tanning
- Melanocytes: This is a type of skin cell that creates and stores melanin.
- Melanin: A group of chemicals found in the human body that produce different type of pigment.
- Pigment: Is a substance contained in animal tissue or plants that is used to create colour.
It is important to learn the facts about tanning and the effect this has on the skin to really understand the impact it has on skin tone.
People often comment about how getting out in the sun is healthy for their skin and is a good source of Vitamin D. In short, this is not accurate. In truth, any amount of unprotected sun exposure is not healthy for human skin.
When skin is exposed to sunlight, harmful rays are hitting it and cause adverse changes. Even though the warmth of the sun hitting our skin may feel nice, in reality, the skin cells are snapping into action to protect themselves.
This process is where the melanocytes process melanin to automatically protect the skin.
- Melanocyte cells manufacture too much melanin. The result is blotchy pigmentation and dark and brown spots.
- Important skin components, collagen and elastin, are traumatized and malfunction. This causes the skin to lose its structural support, leading to sagginess and wrinkles.
Uneven Skin Tone Products
Treating uneven skin tone is one of the main focuses of Obagi Medical. As a skincare company focused on pharmaceutical-grade products for customers, it has spent thousands of hours and pounds researching uneven skin tones.
Key Research Areas Include:
- What causes uneven skin tone including hyperpigmentation etc.
- Active ingredients necessary to alleviate and reduce skin tone imperfections.
- Maximising patient results using a combination of products.
NUMBER #1 OBAGI SYSTEMThe Number One system dispensed by Obagi Medical practitioners is the Obagi Nu-Derm Fx System. This system has been designed specifically for dealing with uneven skin tone. Patients that consistently apply the products in the system and follow their skincare plan have noted amazing benefits and results.
NU-DERM FX PATIENT CONCERNS:
- Skin imperfections
- Brown patches and spots
- Dark and noticeable areas
- Uneven skin tone
- Skin discolouration and ageing
- There is an Obagi Nu-Derm Fx kit specifically designed for both Normal-to-Oily and Normal-to-Dry skin.
- Book today with one of our Obagi specialists to learn which is best for you.
Rachel Lugo - Before & After Photos